Use technology to stay connected with friends and family
COVID-19 restrictions have created a great challenge for many older Australians. On the one hand, we’ve been asked to stay home to protect ourselves and others from the virus. On the other hand, we know that staying active, engaged and connected to our community is vital to preventing loneliness and maintaining good physical and mental health.
Staying physically distant doesn’t mean you have to be socially isolated. KinCare has created fun and creative ways for you to use technology to stay connected online.
During the pandemic lockdowns through 2020 and 2021, KinCare ran a new program called Virtual Connections to help our customers stay connected and socially active through online groups and activities.
Our team members held one-hour sessions, conducted over a number of weeks, to help our customers capture their stories, photos and recipes for beautifully printed books.
- Life story memory book: Share your life story and cherished photos with your friends and family. We assisted customers to capture and organise their amazing memories in a printed memory book.
- Photo memory book: Organise all those old photos you love into one, convenient place. We assisted customers to scan, arrange and caption their favourite photos (old and new) in a printed photo memory book.
- Create your own recipe book: Capture and share your favourite recipes with your family and friends. We assisted customers to arrange their recipes in a printed recipe book.
While the Virtual Connections program is no longer running, there are many other online and digital activities we can help you learn. Contact your Customer Care Manager to get started today!
The Virtual Connections program also ran group activities online. These included:
- Book club: The perfect online club for bookworms who love talking and sharing about their favourite books. These were small groups of no more than ten members.
- Trivia: The trivia buffs among us enjoyed testing their general knowledge in this fun and brain-activating online game.
- Bingo: Even bingo can be played online, which was great news for our many bingo fans.
- Scattergories: Another fun family game that became an online hit during lockdown, Scattergories proved to be very popular.
Get the most out of our technology support services
Talk to your Customer Care Manager today to learn more about how we can help you use the internet, digital devices and other technology to connect with other groups socially, stay in touch with family and friends, and get creative.