Aged Care

Commonwealth Home Support Programme

A little extra support to stay at home

If you want to continue living in your own home, but need a little extra support to look after yourself and do the things you enjoy, the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) may be suitable for you.

This type of government funding lets you choose from a set menu of services that help you with daily or weekly tasks such as household cleaning, preparing meals, garden upkeep, personal care or getting around your community to appointments or to do your shopping. You only pay for the services you use and you can dip in and out of the programme as you need support.

With 30 years of experience helping people live at home independently, we know how important it is to have choice and flexibility. Our friendly team takes the time to get to know you, and your preferences and priorities, so we can properly support you.

Download the brochure

Who is eligible?

You may be eligible for Commonwealth Home Support Programme funding if you are:

  • aged 65 years or older
  • aged 50 years or older and identify as an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander person,
  • aged 50 years or older and on a low income, homeless or at risk of homelessness
  • still living at home
  • in need of help at home to continue to live independently.

How much are CHSP services?

If you are eligible for the Commonwealth Home Support Programme, this funding will help you to cover the cost of some in-home services and supports provided by KinCare. However, the programme may not necessarily fund the full cost of services. You may need to pay a small contribution.

Your KinCare Customer Care Manager discuss the cost of services at your initial consultation, prior to your services commencing.

Download the Contribution Fees (ACT, NSW, QLD, SA & VIC)
Download the Contribution Fees (TAS)

How to arrange a Commonwealth Home Support Programme

To find out if you’re eligible for a Commonwealth Home Support Programme, visit the My Aged Care website or call the information line on 1800 200 422. You will need to be assessed by the Regional Assessment team.

Once assessed and approved, you can choose KinCare as your provider by calling us on 1300 733 510. Alternatively, send us an enquiry online and we’ll get back to you.

If you are unsure about the My Aged Care process, we can help you every step of the way. Simply call us on 1300 733 510 or send us an online enquiry. We’re here to help.

Learn more about accessing aged care funding

CHSP Services

How we can help

With 30 years of experience in delivering in-home care, we can support you to maintain your independence and enjoy the things you love. Whether it’s a few hours of help around the house each week or tailored medical care to keep you healthy or support to maintain your social connections, our friendly team is there to support you however you choose.

Is the Commonwealth Home Support Programme the best funding for you?

Not sure which type of government funding is right for you? We’ve explained the main differences to make it easier for you to understand. If you have any questions, please get in touch. We’re here to help.