Aged Care

Frequently asked questions

We've gathered together a list of the most frequently asked questions when it comes to aged care. If you're still not sure what to do, call us today and let one of our friendly team guide you.

Contact Us

At KinCare, we often get asked questions by people looking into care for themselves or their loved ones. To help you out, our team has compiled some of the most frequently asked questions we get about our home care services.

Who are KinCare and what do they do?

KinCare is one of Australia’s leading in-home care providers.

We’re committed to improving the quality of life, health, and wellbeing of everyone we provide in-home care for. Having been a part of the industry for over 25 years, we know what it takes to help older Australians and people with disabilities live independently in their own homes.

No matter when you come to us, you can be sure that you and your family members will be well taken care of.

What types of in home care or support services can I receive?

Our home care services are provided to aged and disabled Australians in a way that’s based on your unique needs.

For disabled Australians, KinCare offers a wide range of services under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and NDIS WA. To make things easier when you transition to NDIS, we provide state government funded services in WA, TAS, NSW, SA, and the ACT. However, KinCare also provides services to those who would like to privately fund their support. For more information regarding our disability services, visit our Disability Services FAQs page.

For older Australians eligible for a Government funded subsidy to pay for their aged care needs, an assessment with an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) will let you know the care package level you have been allocated. There are four levels available:

Level 1 – Basic care needs

Level 2 – Low-level care needs

Level 3 – Intermediate care needs

Level 4 – High-level care needs

If you’ve already had an assessment with ACAT, then you’ll know the costs of in home care that you can cover with your subsidy. To discuss your home care options, please call 1300 702 319 or get in touch with our team.

If you aren’t sure about your eligibility for government subsidised aged care services, book a free assessment with My Aged Care on 1800 200 422.

What types of services do KinCare offer older Australians?

Palliative Care

Palliative care from KinCare assists with serious illnesses such as cancer, cardiac disease, motor neurone disease, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and end-stage kidney or lung disease to manage symptoms and improve overall quality of life.  Our professional nursing team will work with you to establish the best support for pain management and medical supervision to maximise quality of life.

Nursing Care

Receiving professional nursing care in your own home can make you more comfortable, while giving you more time to enjoy the things love. Our nurses will visit you at home saving you time travelling to appointments. Our services include wound management, medical supervision, pain management and palliative care.

Respite Care

Designed to give the primary carer a well-deserved break to recharge, our Respite Care services help you manage your time and responsibilities while a friend or family member continues to receive the care they need.

Personal Care

Starting your day feeling refreshed and ready can make a big difference to your wellbeing. Our Personal Care services can help you with showering, grooming, dressing and using the bathroom so you can feel more comfortable and confident throughout your day. 

Housekeeping and Domestic Assistance

Having a clean home is important. Not only does it feel good, it can be safer too. Our Home Care Workers make sure that your home is clean and tidy, just the way you want it. Whether you’re after cleaning, washing, ironing or something else, we can help.

Meal Preparation

There’s nothing better than a good home-cooked meal, especially when it’s prepared the way you like in your own kitchen. Our Meal Preparation services help ensure you continue to eat your favourite meals at home, by doing the meal planning and preparation for or with you.

Companionship and Transport

Staying connected, reconnecting or meeting new friends through special events, outings or daily activities is important for maintaining your wellbeing and mental health. Whether it’s shopping, going to appointments, or catching up for afternoon tea, we can help you get where you need to so you can get things done, and enjoy time with the people that are important to you.

If you are looking for more specific information, please visit the Aged Care page now.

How much do KinCare services cost?

Many of our customers are eligible for government subsidies that cover the care costs involved. In some instances, you will need to supplement the government subsidy with your personal income.

As the cost for each person is dependent on a number of things, you might find it helpful to have someone talk you through your specific circumstances. If you’d like to speak to someone, please call us on 1300 702 319 to get in touch with our team.

What are KinCare’s exit and fee policies?

At KinCare, we’ve chosen to completely waive any exit fees for our customers, as your circumstances can easily change.

With some home care providers, there are now potential exit fees to pay of up to $5000 if you decide to change to a new one. This fee is only payable if it was included in your Home Care Agreement and is deducted from any unspent funds. You do not pay any fees with KinCare.

What happens if I’m having trouble paying my fees?

If you’re having money troubles, you can apply for financial hardship assistance through Centrelink, (Department of Human Services). This will help with both the basic daily fee and/or income tested care fee. However, this is subject to an updated means test.

Are there annual caps with KinCare?

Yes. Annual caps are set from the date you start aged home care. The annual cap follows you as you move between providers, services and care levels. Centrelink will advise you and us if you reach your annual or lifetime cap.

How do the Government reforms affect me?

On 27th February 2017, the Australian Government brought in the Increasing Choice in Home Care reforms. As a result of these reforms, home care is now provided in a much fairer way to all older Australians.

After a successful application, your Home Care package is now assigned based not just on the length of time you’ve waited for care, but also on your individual care needs and personal circumstances.

You now have more choice and flexibility over the home care services you receive. You control the selection of your home care provider, completely replacing the old allocation process. In addition to this, you now have the flexibility to change your home care provider as your needs or circumstances change.

Are there care vacancies and live-in care jobs at KinCare?

At KinCare we have been putting customers at the heart of everything we do for 25 years. If you would like to join a team of passionate and dedicated people, who improve people’s lives daily, let us know. To view current opportunities or check on your application process, please click here.

Questions? Chat with us