Twelve creative ways to get the most from your Home Care Package
While saving up your Home Care Package might feel like a sensible thing to do, there are lots of creative ways you can use your allowance to help you live comfortably in your own home for longer.
We’ve put together a list of ideas so you can get the most from your package while also saving a little for a rainy day.
Around your home
- Book a spring clean or garden tidy to get your home or garden ready for the next season.
- Have a KinCare occupational therapist complete a home safety check and provide advice on any home modifications you may need to move around your house safely and prevent falls and injuries.
- When winter is approaching, book a KinCare Support Worker to rearrange your wardrobe and linen cupboard to bring out your winter woolies and clean and dry them ready for the change of season.
- Access our home maintenance service to fix little problems around the home such as changing light bulbs.
Take care of yourself
- Update your equipment such as a walking frame to make getting around a little easier.
- Access physiotherapy sessions to learn practical solutions to build your strength and mobility so you can stay steady on your feet.
- Before the flu season hits, organise a KinCare worker to take you to the GP for a flu shot.
- Let us arrange and take you to get your flu shot before winter arrives.
- Ask one of our staff to help you with preparing meals for your freezer, so you can eat healthy and nutritious meals even when you’re feeling tired.
Maintain your social connections
- Use your funding to pay for social outings to visit family or to take part in group activities or trips to your local library, shops or community events.
- At busy times of the year, such as Easter, Christmas or birthdays, ask one of our staff to help you with your shopping and gift wrapping.
Remember, the government has allocated you a budget based on your care needs so while it’s tempting to roll over your funds to the following year, a little bit of extra help from KinCare can make all the difference to your health and wellbeing.
These suggestions are just a few of the services available with your Home Care Package. Accessing additional services if you have the budget is just a phone call away.
Call KinCare today to talk about your options. 1300 702 319