What is KinCare doing to protect our staff and Customers?
KinCare is keeping up to date with any information about the virus from the Australian Government Department of Health.
The safety of our customers and staff during this time is our top priority and our specialist team is available to discuss any queries or questions our customers may have.
Protocols in place
- KinCare senior leaders meet daily to discuss current and emerging issues, government advice and any updates to requirements.
- Staff and customers self-isolation rules apply after returning from overseas air or cruise ship travel.
- Screening all staff. Staff are required to answer a series of questions, advise of symptoms, no matter how minor, and to self-isolate if symptomatic as per government guidelines.
- Screening of all customers. All customers are asked a series of questions over the phone or prior to Home Care Workers entering their home, to ensure the health and safety of both the customer and our staff members.
- Our staff have access to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as gloves, disinfectant, wipes and other items.
- Staff completing the online Department of Health have Infection Control Training Module.
- Non-essential customer interactions will be by phone and we will transition to this over the coming days. This will include Sales appointments, Customer Care Manager visits, customer reassessments and assessments.
- Cancellation of all customer social group activities.
- Contractor management to ensure their practices are aligned to the above.
- Ongoing communication with staff on any updates to requirements, the importance of standard precautions including proper hand hygiene, screening customers, cough etiquette and social distancing.
Whilst we will be making every possible attempt to minimise disruption to your services, we are mindful that our staff availability may decrease as a result of school lockdowns or other such measures.
We may also see an increase in demand for critical services. In these circumstances we may have to prioritise certain services – we will seek to provide you with as much notice as possible and ask for your understanding as we all work together during these challenging times.